Skip to main content

Quora; Do you feel Obligated to Answer a Direct Message or Text?

A2A Perhaps not exactly obligated, but more so than if it’s a general question. This doesn’t mean that you don’t answer general questions, just that when it’s direct, and to you specifically about a specific incident, I, personally will respond to differently. How you handle it may be different, but that’s the way I see it.
I go through and skip a lot of questions in texts or messages because I had a ton load of my written material stolen a few months ago on a flash drive. A lot of that was personal stuff, material I was building up for books, for use elsewhere. I lost it in a motel room. It fell out of a pocket. It should have been turned in by those who worked there, but never was. Thus, from that point on, it was stolen. I had topics on there that nobody ever asked about, and a lot of material that are thought about but in a different way. I soon found a lot of questions coming across my feeds that were done in ‘general’ fashion, but using terms or slight reference that I knew came from some of my own work. My work has been peace milled out over the years, not with my permission but in such a way that I couldn’t bring charges of theft . The drive had links to some of the groups I’m in and comment through, so there’s no excuse for them if they don’t just, at the least, find me and ask those questions. When I find questions like this, I just want to reach through and grab the questioner and pull them through and say, “If you have a question for ME, then at least show enough intelligence and respect to make it direct for me.” I don’t like being piece-mealed out, and it makes me furious to find it happen. . It started happening a long time ago, and when I stopped posting so much online, then I started getting hacked, and when I got better security, my hard copy would get stolen. I’ve lost a whole lot of respect for people in general because of this. So, now I seldom ork, seldom write, and seldom paint. It’s taken my joy, taken my lov of the arts, because I’ve begun to feel that there is nobody left worth sharing with. Not if the human race is so willing to steal what they want instead of respecting a persons work. They want it but don’t want to pay for it. So, direct questions would be at least more open, instead of just a bunch of selfish uncaring people who look only for their own needs to be met through somebody else’s hard work.
The idea that if somebody has something that’s important to teach or talk about they should give it freely; you see this sentiment about stuff like Gaia, where people think those offering info should give it freely, even though it cost those offering it a lot of work, and often a large part of their life. It’s a form of rape when you take somebodys personal stuff and use it for your own purposes.
Some know they are using it, others are just using it because they’ve found it available or it’s been shared with them with out the knowledge that it was stolen. either way….

Off line;
 I'd gone up to Sparks to work on a video, and the past years entries I'd put on this drive.  I'd finally gotten about a years worth of chpters and scene to begin creating the book.  I pull from my notes, which much of the drive was made up of.  Had given myself time to sythacize nd steip back from that had been occuring over the past 10 years  While I had saved the bulk of this rive in other places, a years worth of it was dedicted to chapters that were, finally, readable and made sense, and not too b=shabby.  That's the stuff that I lost because I'd not backed it up to other drives yet.  This drive had been kept safe, until this nite.  I'd kept it in my pocket to make sure it wouldn't get stolen from my stuff in the room. 
I felt good later only in that I was able to dig out the back ups of the rest of the drive, but 2019 and early 2020 is gone.  The chapters and scenes that I need.   It was... is.. an incredibly hard loss.
My drive is/was full of notes, ramblings and brainstorming, meditative writing.  I use those crazy bits to work online in questions and comments, never posting my full rambles but pulling from it full thoughts from all of the bits together. It takes me a few pages of brainstorm, answering questions, and train of throught writing each night to find that zone where I begin laying down a full scene or chapter.
It hasn't rally happened since because there is always this stress of losing it all.
I'd just lost about 3 months material off of google, which I'd gotten most of onto my drive, but a lot of it is just gone.  still, I had enough to use from those full scenes that I'd gotten written, only, those are gone for good.

When people come round here and park, and some do, just to get entertained, they don't know that I'm working on book material; think i'm just their sweet or crazy bit of entertainment.  Scouts from media used to come around a lot; these folks know the mind game shit, and have often sent some pretty heavy energy when I don't take my writing their way and write what they want.  Once I point them out, and write about where they are parked or lurking out, they start their engines and leave.  They, poor little souls, think I'm being mean for calling them out and telling them exactly what I think of them, or asking them why they believe it's their right to command or try to command me.
did i say poor little souls?
Little bastards and bitches is more accurate.
I don't play the enlightened Christian game, where those who are so called enlightened are 'supposed to' feel sorry for those like this.  I don't feel sorry nor compelled to ... ha ha ha... save their souls.

None of this 'offline'  is being posted publick. 

Comments